Nokia N95 v20.0.015 Officially Available
I'm not brave enough to update my N95. Lol yeah call me chicken, but just wanted to let you know that the update is available.
According to the notes on AllAboutSymbian:
- New Welcome application
- New camera software and tweaks from the 8GB model - FAR faster shot to shot time, with 'Processing image message' during any delays
- Long press on camera button launches camera if shutter is open
- New My Nokia SMS tips and mobile web portal system
- Demand paging (for ROM applications) with 30 plus MB free RAM after booting.
- Search 4.0 integration on standby screen.
- Old multimedia menu still there, i.e. it's not the new style
- N-Gage game previews (FIFA, Asphalt) and portal/shortcut to upcoming N-Gage client, as in N81 and N95 8GB
- Nokia Music Store client, although the store server hasn't been updated to handle the N95 yet - maybe this'll happen later today
- Keypress bug gone(!), I think
auto-screen rotation, looks like I was wrong predicting this, so we
need Samir's RotateMe after all - someone please help him get this
I might try and tackle this later on but let me know if this was successful for you.
NOTE: Nokia N95 Software version 20.0.015 released - 26 November 2007
This software version includes battery, stability & performance improvements enabling you to run faster and longer - giving you up to three more hours of music (up to 30% increase, from 9h to 12h of music playback). This release also includes a new version of Nokia Maps which provides faster positioning, faster Map Loader, and free 3-day navigation. Free N- Gage demo games are included and other games are available via Download! With the Nokia Music Store now live in the United Kingdom, users can enjoy the convenience of instant over-the-air downloads, regardless of where they are.
After updating your device software to 20.0.015, and restoring your personal data, you can optimise the menu layout by installing the New_Menu_Structure.SIS file. This file will rearrange your menu layout specifically for SW 20.0.015. Reboot your device to see the menu changes.
EDIT: I decided to be a brave girl and start my N95 over from scratch!! Ricky and Steve Litchfield swear by this method so I guess I'll give it a go.