Nokia - Made in Finland vs Made by Nokia
This has been an ongoing thing on Howard Forums. When tech nerds go shopping for Nokia's they often prefer devices that are "made in Finland" as compared to anywhere else.
Nikos over on the MiVADiKA Forum explains the differences between the 2 N95's from the different regions. The one on the left is Made in Finland and the one on the right is Made by Nokia.
- The "Made in Finland" model gets developed as it says in Finland Europe, while the "Made by NOKIA" in Hong Kong China.
- As stated the retail Box is different.
- Both models are coming with 1GB microSD card* (*some countries are excluded)
- The "Made by NOKIA" box includes a Nokia Case.
- also the "Made by NOKIA" box includes a Screen Protector.
- Both of them are coming with firmware version: v10.0.018 installed
- The "Made in Finland" model has the bug and doesn't switch to "Silent" Profile when you press and hold the # key. "Made by NOKIA" model doesn't have that problem. (Tested also with the latest firmware)
- Built Quality for the "Made in Finland" model is better. At least to our case. We notice that the "Made by NOKIA" models have a loose slider. "Made in Finland" models feels much more stable. Thats based in seven different devices three of them was "Made by NOKIA" and the other four was "Made in Finland". Only one Made in Finland has a noticeable loose slider.
I've often wondered myself and really never paid much attention to it... only what people have mentioned. I think I've come across a few devices that were "Made by Nokia" and the only difference I noticed back then was the font. But I can tell you this... Nokia consumers definately know which versions they want and will even pay extra for them!
If you've used both have you noticed any differences between the 2 regions? What are your reasons for choosing one over the other?